To completely focus on becoming self-sufficient, I cannot take time to beg for money. The following table is a minimalist budget for the next 35 days: until 2 June 2019, my birthday. In short, I need $1602 now.
The budget does not include:
- PayPal fees because it’s too difficult to predict what method people will use. Depending on the situation, these costs might apply:
- Credit card or an automatic payment: $0.30 + 2.9%
- When I pay with Mexican pesos (MXN), I’ve calculated that PayPal gives me an exchange rate of 97.37% of the spot price, on average. Essentially, I pay a 2.63% currency exchange fee.
- International ATM: $1.50
- In some situations, if I used Xoom or a similar service, I could save a lot on fees. But because my passport is expired, I can’t use those services.
- The medicine that could cure me (I estimate US$270 for the medicine)
- A passport. Not having an ID forecloses some options. The cost to renew is $245 plus travel to a different city. Poverty is expensive.
- Prescription glasses
- Treating my teeth or other health problems
- Bed linens
- A computer. Mine is broken, so that forecloses many things, especially options to earn money online.
We can cure my illness and my poverty if you support my recovery.